Blizzard are bringing down the PTR tonight and will roll out the patch tuesday morning, US-time. This was confirmed by Lylirra 8 hours ago:
How to get the Hellfire Ring in Diablo 3
Updated February 2015:
With Reaper of Souls coming out, the process of getting the Hellfire ring has changed a little, but not much!
Let me say up front, that it is no longer worth your time trying to craft it. Unless of course you are a completionist, then by all means go ahead!
Here are the steps for crafting the new Hellfire ring:
Step 1: Gathering the keys
You need to gather 4 keys which drop from 4 keywardens.
- Odeg drops the Key of Bones in Act 1 – Fields of Misery
- Sokahr drops the Key of Gluttony in Act 2 – Dahlgur Oasis
- Xah’Rith drops the Key of War in Act 3 – Stonefort
- Nekarat drops the Key of Evil in Act 4 – Silver Spire
They keys only drop on Torment 1 or above difficulty and the plans for the Infernal Machine drops alongside them.
Step 2: Crafting the Infernal Machines
In order to craft an Infernal Machine, you need one each of the 4 keys.
There are 4 Infernal Machines that lead to a different realm each:
- Infernal Machine of Bones leads to the Realm of Discord, where Leoric’s Signet drops from the King of the Dead and the Merciless Witch
- Infernal Machine of War leads to the Realm of Turmoil, where the Idol of Terror drops.
- Infernal Machine of Gluttony leads to the Realm of Chaos, where the Vial of Putridness drops.
- Infernal Machine of Evil leads to the realm of fright, where the Heart of Evil drops.
Step 3: Crafting the Ring
Squirt the Peddler in Act 2 sells the plans for new and the old Hellfire ring. The new ring costs 5 million gold.
The ring costs 50000 gold to craft and it rolls with a 45% bonus to experience and a proc for a fire ring that deals 200% weapon damage.
In addition to this it rolls with 5 random stats, that are affected by smart loot.
Step 4: Find another ring instead of this crap
There are so many other legendary rings out there, so in the process of getting the Hellfire Ring….you have probably found another ring with better stats….so wear that!
Be sure to check out my diablo 3 leveling guide if you are working on leveling an alt!
Below is the old description for getting the Hellfire ring.
Old version of the hellfire ring – not up to date!
With an Infernal Machine, you are ready to enter three different realms, where each realm contains 2 uberbosses. These uberbosses drop loot and they also have a a chance to drop parts for the Hellfire Ring. A new awesome ring introduced in patch 1.0.5.
Continue reading How to get the Hellfire Ring in Diablo 3